9.15.2009

double shifts are miserable...

But not as miserable as being broke. So I'm working a double tonight. Again. I work in a Psych Ward so a double shift can be extremely boring or extremely stressful or extremely funny. Really it can be anything but it is always "extremely" anything. Usually, my double shifts get my paid at time and a half. Unfortunately, this is for straight time. I'm going out of town to visit my brother so Friday is a "Holiday" for me, being as how I was stuck working Labor Day while everyone else was bar-b-queing. Since I'm technically only working 4 shifts this extra brings me up to a regular old 5. My Holiday will get me paid for 6 but all at straight time. Oh well.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

psych ward!? do tell about this job you have!!!

ps google word verification is herpe. hehehe

Broke-Ass Babe said...

You didn't know Tracy? I thought I told you....working in a psych ward in the city. I guess the most important thing to know when you're working in a psych ward is that crazy people LOVE to be naked, so you definitely have to be prepared for that.

missy said...

stopping by from SITS.
welcome to the crazy world of SITS.
you will love it!!!!

Cougar Tales said...

Ohhhh double shifts....I remember double shifts back in my summers of waitressing at the shore. I still cannot smell fish or wet rubber mats without breaking out in hives.

- Cougar Tales
www.cougar-tales.blogspot.com

Post a Comment