9.21.2009

travel just ain't what it used to be...

I just got back from visiting my kid brother in Chicago and have come to some very harsh realizations.

1. It NEVER pays to check luggage. I had already hit that conclusion but thought I'd reiterate it. It's just not worth it. Airlines lose luggage all the time and on top of that you have to pay to check it. Carry-on is where it's at.

2. Airline food is crap. Period. And somehow whenever and where ever you're traveling you usually wind up having to pay for that crap. It used to be free crap. No longer. Of course there are exceptions, Air Jamaica still serves hot meals and free champagne on all their flights but the exceptions seem to be few and far in between. My suggestion: down a few sleeping pills so you don't have to worry about getting hungry and having to pay for that crap on your flight.

3. Even though you're just boarding a plane and not going out on a fancy date, wash your hair and put on your makeup. I know it can be a miserable ordeal going through security then waiting at the gate for 4 days before you stand in the narrow aisle of the plane waiting while the dumbass that can't figure out out to open the overhead bins fights with one so he can load his designer bag full of God knows what above him but tough it out. I know a large part of you would prefer to suffer through airports and airplanes in pajama bottoms with the lines from your pillow still imprinted on your face and your hair in a tangled knot. You need to fight these desires. If you don't wash your hair and wear makeup and wear a half way decent shirt the pilot is bound to be SMOKING HOT. He's also bound to greet you as you exit the plane. And he WILL make eye contact. Eye contact with those blood shot puffy un-mascaraed eyes you were too lazy to pretty up before you left. You don't want that to happen to you. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything *cough cough*.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Hmmm... I take it someone didn't wash her hair or put on makeup!? haha!!!
Hope you had a good trip overall!

Cougar Tales said...

Stopping over from SITS. I like to visit the person "before" me. :-)

It feels like the bags ppl are carrying on are getting bigger and bigger. And usually they bring one piece of luggage and a gym bag that serves as their "personal item". Guess this is the loop hole!

And, while we are on the topic. Why do ppl think planes are a pajama party? I crack up at the grown women in their VS PINK sweats, flip flops and pillows.

I wish I could be that relaxed when I am flying! Which is why I am with you on the sleeping pills...or a xanex or a klonopin...Bon Voyage!

Cougar Tales
www.cougar-tales.blogspot.com

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Sounds like that pilot was able to imagine what you looked like without the pillow lines and pajamas, if he gave you a second look with eye contact and everything, know what I'm sayin'? (wink wink).

Hope you are having a good week. (Visiting from SITS.)

- Margaret

Broke-Ass Babe said...

Busted. I definitely was rocking a bare face and 2nd day hair but I can't bring myself to wear pajamas in public so at least it could have been worse.

Crissy said...

You have to pay for food now? I haven't flown in a couple of years. That's some b.s. Let's see.. pay $5 for a tiny bag of peanuts and a shot of H2O in a tiny plastic cup... OR... pop pills and sleep the whole way. I think you're on to something!

Post a Comment